Fairy Tail Online RP

Social Spells Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Social Spells Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Social Spells

Selenia
    Selenia

Social Spells Qm1sqjP

Social Spells Empty Social Spells

Post by Selenia Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Just wanted to ask if such things as social spells would ever be possible. But wait, what are social spells you ask?

Social spells cost no/very little magic power to cast, but can ONLY be used for social activities. They can never, ever, be used in battles or to begin a battle and are not allowed to do any type of damage or have a defensive or supplementary effect, etc. The instant a battle begins, any and all social abilities end that have been cast by whoever is battling. They also cannot change the landscape of a battle before it has begun, just to make that totally clear. It is only used for plot purposes at any time whatsoever, whether it be the site's plot the character's.

What purpose does this serve?

I think it would be nice for regulating some things users can do outside of battle but don't want to waste spells on in their magic to take up space. For example, an Ice-Make mage creating a flower out of ice, or a fire mage creating fireworks with his hands, or even Requip armors that are just for the fun of them (ex. Erza's gigantic armor that sank into the room). The possibilities are limitless, and it would allow for a lot more to be accomplished in plot, as opposed to a total focus on power. Of course, these social spells would have to go through the same approvals, and just because a social spell is approved doesn't necessarily mean the exact same spell would be okay in a battle. I believe, when it comes to plot, it might be okay to stretch the rules a bit, but this is entirely up to the administrator's decision. Just let me know what you think :D
    Digdug
    Digdug

Social Spells TatR81B

Social Spells Empty Re: Social Spells

Post by Digdug Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:51 am

I like the concept of social spells, but it's not something needs to be regulated. I have my own sort of plot/social spell that allows the TT guild hall to float in the air, and I think it does just fine without being put into regulation. If you want to do something trivial like create ice flowers or use comedic requip armors, you should just do it. If it doesn't effect combat or break the theme of your magic, it should be fine.

To summarize, social spells are good, but they don't need to be made into a system.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Social Spells Qm1sqjP

Post by Selenia Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:12 am

I was honestly hoping that was okay, Bertha, but I felt like that might be asking too much. But yeah, honestly, it would just be more work for the mods and it wouldn't have any affect on combat so I don't see why it could be bad. I think the general restriction should be that a social spell can only be at maximum your character's rank (ex. C-Rank char can only have C and D-Rank spells, not X-Rank) just to keep things consistent. But I'm glad to get some comments, and I totally agree ^^
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Social Spells FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:41 pm

the magic system is only there to enforce player vs. player issues. In order to use a spell in battle you must have it approved.

Outside of battle I could care less unless it has the intent of inciting battle or has something to do with battle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 am