Fairy Tail Online RP

ranks Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

ranks Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was . You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

ranks

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

ranks FcB4idF

ranks Empty ranks

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:00 pm

This is a huge idea for me and one I believe needs to be implemented.

Drop ranks, well lower the amount of ranks.

Honestly, aside from 'S-rank' there were no ranks at all in fairy tail in the terms of lettering. It's an assumption everyone has for some reason gone along with.

for canon let me use this example
    Spoiler:

Basically my ranking system would be as follows:

mage(a majority of the site), S-rank mage(your elite group of mages who are your representatives with a lot expected from them), and a third rank where we would classify people like Gildarts who essentially a god.

This creates a lot of fluidity which creates good rping where the newbie can upstart and really get the ball rolling. Although there would need to still be some requirements set to get to S-rank and then to the unnamed third rank but there'd be a LOT less testing over ranking up because it wasn't something done on a daily basis by every single member of the site. Some of which would rank up to C and then just bail making the work kind of pointless for everyone.

If I wanted to REALLY use vague imperfect sources I'd send you to the fairy tail wiki guild rosters which only have two ranks overall, mage and S-rank.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

ranks ODFYPdI

ranks Empty Re: ranks

Post by Spinal Tap Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 pm

This is why I drafted the "Level System" which was based of One Piece "Tiers" and Naruto "Village Ranks"

Though I'll let Ser explain.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Honestly, we should be using the term "Class", not the term "Rank".
    As its called S-Class, not S-rank.
    This is a Fairy Tail site, not a Naruto site.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by Spinal Tap Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Sora wrote:Honestly, we should be using the term "Class", not the term "Rank".
    As its called S-Class, not S-rank.
    This is a Fairy Tail site, not a Naruto site.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by Spinal Tap Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

ranks FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:25 pm

those still hold the issue of multiple very distinct classes as we will now refer to them.

Although classes will always be distinct I'm against the multitude.

I actually just had an idea which could be used and would be interesting.

Determine power through skills, which consist of the magic you can use and some other generic abilities like swordsmanship and martial arts as examples.

In this manner we can discard experience as a whole and just use jewels for everything (and be a little more prudent on how people get jewels). You spend jewels to improve on these skills which could have classes of hteir own and classes could be used in conjunction with spell rank to determine what's strong and what isn't. Vague but it would be far different from the norm which is kind of what I'm trying to promote to you guys. All these fairy tail sites are WAY to similar to one another in how they function so everyone is simply going to go to the bigger site because it'll be the same thing only with more people which in turn means better rp.

My job is to be advisory and I am advising you break the mold of what a fairy tail site should look like and function like and make something new entirely, even if my suggestions aren't always perfect this is the intent. To help you make a site that is unique and can stand on its own as different from any other fairy tail rp site.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Ean Vanguard wrote:those still hold the issue of multiple very distinct classes as we will now refer to them.

Although classes will always be distinct I'm against the multitude.

I actually just had an idea which could be used and would be interesting.

Determine power through skills, which consist of the magic you can use and some other generic abilities like swordsmanship and martial arts as examples.

In this manner we can discard experience as a whole and just use jewels for everything (and be a little more prudent on how people get jewels). You spend jewels to improve on these skills which could have classes of hteir own and classes could be used in conjunction with spell rank to determine what's strong and what isn't.  Vague but it would be far different from the norm which is kind of what I'm trying to promote to you guys. All these fairy tail sites are WAY to similar to one another in how they function so everyone is simply going to go to the bigger site because it'll be the same thing only with more people which in turn means better rp.

My job is to be advisory and I am advising you break the mold of what a fairy tail site should look like and function like and make something new entirely, even if my suggestions aren't always perfect this is the intent. To help you make a site that is unique and can stand on its own as different from any other fairy tail rp site.

So, you want to help us make it unique and sexy.
    You sir, should definitely get like a ridiculously over-sized gold plaque that reads, "Badass of the year!"
    XD
    13ea
    13ea

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Now I like this idea, as Tap and Ser know I'm a huge fairy tail fan. I think this idea is worth considering. But instead of jewels, why not purchase stronger spells and upgrades using exp? Say a D-rank spell would be perhaps 100 maybe 50 exp? And an S class spell would be like 1000, maybe even more? That way people will focus on training and improving their magic rather than getting a letter next to their name to show off how strong they are. Not to mention this'll allow player to custom their magic further, a player would decide weather to save their exp for a stronger spell or spend it on a multitude of lower rank spells to increase versatility? For HP and MP, people can use exp points they gain to upgrade their HP and MP. Again this will allow the players to construct their characters to their style, would they spend EXP points on Hp, MP, or spells? It's up to the player, that way players will not be locked into a specific amount of spells, hp, mp etc. Of course we will have spell/skill templates and a battle system to keep order. But if you enforce this idea, I believe it'll give the site a fresh feel, not to mention it'll encourage variety.
    Bacon
    Bacon

ranks D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:28 pm

This.. This... *proudly claps* I really like this idea. Although I'm leaning more towards Neo's EXP instead of jewels idea. Well, primarily EXP as a monetary thing when it comes to spell slots and the sort. Promotes the training and whatnot so yea. Fully support it!~
    13ea
    13ea

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Indeed, with this idea we can also implement a teacher and student idea. Much like Naruto Sites. If a player has a teacher they get more EXP points. However I suggest that teachers and students should have similar magics, like a exquip mage teaching an aspiring exquip mage, slayer teaching aspiring slayer etc. This will make training more fun and not to mention it'll encourage character growth.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 pm

13ae wrote:Now I like this idea, as Tap and Ser know I'm a huge fairy tail fan. I think this idea is worth considering.  But instead of jewels, why not purchase stronger spells and upgrades using exp? Say a D-rank spell would be perhaps 100 maybe 50 exp? And an S class spell would be like 1000, maybe even more? That way people will focus on training and improving their magic rather than getting a letter next to their name to show off how strong they are. Not to mention this'll allow player to custom their magic further, a player would decide weather to save their exp for a stronger spell or spend it on a multitude of lower rank spells to increase versatility? For HP and MP, people can use exp points they gain to upgrade their HP and MP. Again this will allow the players to construct their characters to their style, would they spend EXP points on Hp, MP, or spells? It's up to the player, that way players will not be locked into a specific amount of spells, hp, mp etc. Of course we will have spell/skill templates and a battle system to keep order. But if you enforce this idea, I believe it'll give the site a fresh feel, not to mention it'll encourage variety.

On point with the Teacher and Student concepts. This could also be used to help strengthen interactions between the various guild's on the site. Not to mention, it unique, so its yet another thing that would set us apart from other FT sites. Most of them are insanely cliche in how similar they are.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Serenity wrote:This.. This... *proudly claps* I really like this idea. Although I'm leaning more towards Neo's EXP instead of jewels idea. Well, primarily EXP as a monetary thing when it comes to spell slots and the sort. Promotes the training and whatnot so yea. Fully support it!~

Settle down Sere, too much excitement and you might explode into an endless down pour of kittens.
    13ea
    13ea

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:46 pm

>_> like I said I'm just the guy who has ideas nuthin t be proud of. Give it a week I'll end up lazing about. Treasure this moment Sora, it's rare to find me working XD
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:49 pm

13ae wrote:>_> like I said I'm just the guy who has ideas nuthin t be proud of. Give it a week I'll end up lazing about. Treasure this moment Sora, it's rare to find me working XD

Then I'll stab you with a fully charged cattle prod and force you to work.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

ranks FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:51 pm

to evolve off my previous statement about using skills/magic ups instead of ranking up players, the 'Classes' as sora would like them to be called, would become rewards for achieving certain degrees of boosts like being able to achieve certain levels in the skill that weren't previously available. Rewards for writing well and having impact on the site. How many S-ranks on some sites can we find that have had no impact on the site as a whole?
    Bacon
    Bacon

ranks D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Sora wrote:
    13ae wrote:Now I like this idea, as Tap and Ser know I'm a huge fairy tail fan. I think this idea is worth considering.  But instead of jewels, why not purchase stronger spells and upgrades using exp? Say a D-rank spell would be perhaps 100 maybe 50 exp? And an S class spell would be like 1000, maybe even more? That way people will focus on training and improving their magic rather than getting a letter next to their name to show off how strong they are. Not to mention this'll allow player to custom their magic further, a player would decide weather to save their exp for a stronger spell or spend it on a multitude of lower rank spells to increase versatility? For HP and MP, people can use exp points they gain to upgrade their HP and MP. Again this will allow the players to construct their characters to their style, would they spend EXP points on Hp, MP, or spells? It's up to the player, that way players will not be locked into a specific amount of spells, hp, mp etc. Of course we will have spell/skill templates and a battle system to keep order. But if you enforce this idea, I believe it'll give the site a fresh feel, not to mention it'll encourage variety.

On point with the Teacher and Student concepts. This could also be used to help strengthen interactions between the various guild's on the site. Not to mention, it unique, so its yet another thing that would set us apart from other FT sites. Most of them are insanely cliche in how similar they are.

This is pretty neat. I don't see anything wrong with this although wouldnt it be the same as 'anyone of higher rank' could teach you, let's say, secondary magic? Unless you have an idea on how to implement it here. Make a school and have an app for teachers or something like that? 0.o

Ean Vanguard wrote:to evolve off my previous statement about using skills/magic ups instead of ranking up players, the 'Classes' as sora would like them to be called, would become rewards for achieving certain degrees of boosts like being able to achieve certain levels in the skill that weren't previously available. Rewards for writing well and having impact on the site. How many S-ranks on some sites can we find that have had no impact on the site as a whole?

So, in other words, the more you do/character development/influence ic = the more you get and are rewarded? I'm supporting this as i honestly want this site to be where character development is a thing and actually mean something rather than 'i did this job and this job and this but never did any real char dev. but i can still get this cause i can' kind of thing. So more effort = more gains sounds good to me 0.o
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Over half the bloody FT sites around they just make their favorite player's S-class. They don't care about the player's impact on the site or any of the important stuff. They just want to site to stacked how they personally desire it to be.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Serenity wrote:
    Sora wrote:

This is pretty neat. I don't see anything wrong with this although wouldnt it be the same as 'anyone of higher rank' could teach you, let's say, secondary magic? Unless you have an idea on how to implement it here. Make a school and have an app for teachers or something like that? 0.o

Ean Vanguard wrote:to evolve off my previous statement about using skills/magic ups instead of ranking up players, the 'Classes' as sora would like them to be called, would become rewards for achieving certain degrees of boosts like being able to achieve certain levels in the skill that weren't previously available. Rewards for writing well and having impact on the site. How many S-ranks on some sites can we find that have had no impact on the site as a whole?

So, in other words, the more you do/character development/influence ic = the more you get and are rewarded? I'm supporting this as i honestly want this site to be where character development is a thing and actually mean something rather than 'i did this job and this job and this but never did any real char dev. but i can still get this cause i can' kind of thing. So more effort = more gains sounds good to me 0.o

Serenity, you remember my Gakuen (School) idea on the other site? We could possibly tweak that general concept to work for this.
    13ea
    13ea

ranks ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 pm

now a school idea would work..... >_> I did suggest it in ulrp.....
    Bacon
    Bacon

ranks D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Sora wrote:Over half the bloody FT sites around they just make their favorite player's S-class. They don't care about the player's impact on the site or any of the important stuff. They just want to site to stacked how they personally desire it to be.

I've seen that so it's kinda why im not really going to take any of the positions available lol. Don't really want to play on favoritism here either. GMships right now, I'm handing over cause i've seen what y'all are capable and can do. (Yes, i watch you all =w= ) and we need them as well. Those that aren't taken, well, pretty much anyone can apply.

Sora's Idea:Gakuen (High School): An Alternate Universe in which the player's aren't simply mages, but rather student's or faculty at schools meant to teach them how to use their (for this version of the AU's purposes) supernatural abilities. The other version of this AU is quite simply High School or University, the player's more or less ordinary human's who have certain traits, mannerisms, personality quirks, and/or whatnot that is a reference to their Magic in the site normal non-canon universe

Neo had a similar idea on another site... let me search it up s well..
    Bacon
    Bacon

ranks D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Serenity wrote:
    Sora wrote:Over half the bloody FT sites around they just make their favorite player's S-class. They don't care about the player's impact on the site or any of the important stuff. They just want to site to stacked how they personally desire it to be.

I've seen that so it's kinda why im not really going to take any of the positions available lol. Don't really want to play on favoritism here either. GMships right now, I'm handing over cause i've seen what y'all are capable and can do. (Yes, i watch you all =w= ) and we need them as well. Those that aren't taken, well, pretty much anyone can apply.

Sora's Idea:Gakuen (High School): An Alternate Universe in which the player's aren't simply mages, but rather student's or faculty at schools meant to teach them how to use their (for this version of the AU's purposes) supernatural abilities. The other version of this AU is quite simply High School or University, the player's more or less ordinary human's who have certain traits, mannerisms, personality quirks, and/or whatnot that is a reference to their Magic in the site normal non-canon universe

Neo had a similar idea on another site... let me search it up s well..

Neo's Idea We all know how hard it it is to rank up and gain exp. That is why I suggest we open a school, this school will be a place where players can enroll their charters and rp as a student. In this institution we can have instructors teach History, Magic, Combat, Biology. If a student participates in class, they will gain exp. The school can also help students learn new spells, or even open spell slots if they cannot afford to buy some spell slots for their magic. Of course we would have reputable players as the instructors to teach those who wish to be students. I think this has potential in being a popular place to do social rp's. The school can provide not only a players growth in level, but in character also. If there are people in favor of this idea, please reply bellow. I do believe I have some ideas of how the school is set up, not to mention I have a decent plot for the school brewing in my mind
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

ranks FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:33 pm

it's all about going away from those things sora. The intent is to create a story telling environment. Any rules we put in place should either promote the idea or prevent the opposite from happening.

No current ftrp site seriously puts story first and has to much pvp. Although missions are important they should be a tool for character development rather than a tool for powering up which is where things will get complicated.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Ean Vanguard wrote:it's all about going away from those things sora. The intent is to create a story telling environment. Any rules we put in place should either promote the idea or prevent the opposite from happening.

No current ftrp site seriously puts story first and has to much pvp. Although missions are important they should be a tool for character development rather than a tool for powering up which is where things will get complicated.

How am I being called out on this? I never once said to prioritize jobs. I'm 1,000% behind having plot, story-lines, and character development being the key factors of the site and what ultimately allow people to gain Exp. Jobs are nothing more than a medium.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

ranks FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:09 pm

I was just reiterating the intent.
    Krow
    Krow

ranks N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:38 pm

So, you kind of just called me out on nothing just to call me out. Makes perfect sense, bruh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am