Fairy Tail Online RP

so yeah...criticism at its finest Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

so yeah...criticism at its finest Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

so yeah...criticism at its finest

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

so yeah...criticism at its finest FcB4idF

so yeah...criticism at its finest Empty so yeah...criticism at its finest

Post by Ean Sableheart Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:35 pm

Now that I've had a minute to read the review of Ean's magic I'm gonna critique my personal experience with the system.

1.) why can't a spell have more than one 'type'? If I'm supplementing offense its going to be both a supplementary spell and an offensive spell. If I turn my skin into a steel shell its going to be defensive but  also offensive because of the weight increase and density of my skin compared to yours now.

2.) stating it does '__-rank damage and speed' doesn't help anybody understand what the spell does. That would be self explanatory from the rank of the spell anyway. This is especially so when I state the speed of the spell in the description as ___ mph. If I turn my character into a shrapnel bomb naturally the effects aren't going to be high rank damage as we naturally understand it (a massive impalement) but rather a heavy case of lacerations scattered throughout the body. Dumbing down the description doesn't make sense and leaves a mess of interpretation.

3.) still think the durations and cooldowns are a mess. Way to low and no interpretative freedom. Also, with how important they are here, GIVE THEM THEIR OWN THREAD DANG IT!

4.)exclusive to slayers: when did dragon force/equivalent not count as a perk. I made that rule damn it. =_=

5.) just a personal critique but I kind of felt it cool that spells could be buffed if it made sense with higher cooldowns.
    Selenia
    Selenia

so yeah...criticism at its finest Qm1sqjP

so yeah...criticism at its finest Empty Re: so yeah...criticism at its finest

Post by Selenia Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Ean Sableheart wrote:Now that I've had a minute to read the review of Ean's magic I'm gonna critique my personal experience with the system.

1.) why can't a spell have more than one 'type'? If I'm supplementing offense its going to be both a supplementary spell and an offensive spell. If I turn my skin into a steel shell its going to be defensive but  also offensive because of the weight increase and density of my skin compared to yours now.
    They can, I had to clear things up, but Genesis will be making edits to her grading soon ^^ I apologize about the misunderstanding.

2.) stating it does '__-rank damage and speed' doesn't help anybody understand what the spell does. That would be self explanatory from the rank of the spell anyway. This is especially so when I state the speed of the spell in the description as ___ mph. If I turn my character into a shrapnel bomb naturally the effects aren't going to be high rank damage as we naturally understand it (a massive impalement) but rather a heavy case of lacerations scattered throughout the body. Dumbing down the description doesn't make sense and leaves a mess of interpretation.
    Personally I blame this on you Razz Dev never made any rules on the speed of spells at their ranks so us mods had to simplify it. As to damage, it just makes everything easier, since the percentages on the rank chart change according to the rank of whoever is being hit.

3.) still think the durations and cooldowns are a mess. Way to low and no interpretative freedom. Also, with how important they are here, GIVE THEM THEIR OWN THREAD DANG IT!
    I wanted to implement stricter duration and cooldown maximums personally, but I guess it's just a matter of how fairness is viewed.

4.)exclusive to slayers: when did dragon force/equivalent not count as a perk. I made that rule damn it. =_=
    I agree with you that it should be a perk, instead of being a free extra cx

5.) just a personal critique but I kind of felt it cool that spells could be buffed if it made sense with higher cooldowns.
    This would be very difficult to fairly regulate, so unfortunately it's pretty much impossible :c

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm