Fairy Tail Online RP

Pets Rules and Information  Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Pets Rules and Information  Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Pets Rules and Information

Mizuko
    Mizuko

Pets Rules and Information  N51AM3g

Pets Rules and Information  Empty Pets Rules and Information

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Each member of the site is permitted a pet. These pets can be simple companions, or they can be combat pets that fight with you at all times. All can accompany you on missions, though their type depends on whether or not they can participate, and whether they can die or not. Pets can be anything from a hawk to a small dragon, to a dog big enough for you to ride around. That itself is for you to decide. Here are the types of pets:

Companion Pets:

Combat Pets:

Support Pets:

Exceeds:

Combat Pets, Support Pets and Exceeds can be killed in combat at any rank. A dead Combat Pet, Support Pet or Exceed cannot be revived, but a new one can be purchased. Like any other mage, they start at the beginning of a thread with 100% HP, and lose HP as attacked. To find the HP ranges for attacks, visit the Magic Rules. Combat Pets, Support Pets, and Exceeds can typically speak, though there is the occasional Combat Pet or Support Pet that can understand speech, but not talk. It is very rare to find a Combat or Support pet that has the same amount of human speech capability as the average dog.

Training:

Multiple Pets:

Last edited by Mizuko on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 12 times in total
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Pets Rules and Information  Empty Re: Pets Rules and Information

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:56 pm

This is finished, so its open for suggestions.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Pets Rules and Information  FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Really there's a huge lack of information here. Companion pets seem to not do anything while combat pets are the only thing with any detail, which is still heavily summerized. Get specific and detailed. It's organized great but everythings so briefly glossed over I can't really go into anything to much.

My personal suggestion immediately off the bat are to give companion pets more detail and more say in a lot otherwise they're nonexistent. say they're abilities can be a little more ludicrous in comparison to those actually used in combat (for example).

How limited can pet abilities get for each? If you don't set a limit you'll have pets who can fire nuclear warheads out of the buttholes and pee sulfuric acid.

This ability fusion, what are the mechanics behind that? I like it a bit but I can't tell what its supposed to be doing.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 pm

That's because companion pets don't do anything. They're companions, they essentially are like any other pet you'd find irl. As for abilities, obviously no self-respecting staff member would let something like that get by. Their rules, not borders on all you do. They're meant to be glossy at the beginning, and changed if anything is seen that people are using as a loophole to be OP. You seem to have a preference for making things more complicated than they need to be.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 pm

There is a huge difference between Complicating and Clarifying. I want things explained so new members don't bombared you with 79 different questions or, as you stated, somebody uses a loophole, destroying as many loopholes as you can early makes for fewer issues.

What if I want to change a companion pet into a combat pet?

Why are exceeds getting more abilities then other combat pets? Dragon slayers will already have a bunch of advantages over other mages so why give their pets more abilities and add to that?

A lack of clarification leads to abuse and exploitation. One type of pet has one sentence. Another has only three. Explain clearly and it won't complicate. The start here is great but its no where close to a finished product.

Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Exceeds are a sentient species, which is why they have more slots. They're smarter than the average bear. I will add, however, the companion to combat info, as that makes sense.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 pm

well any animal with the ability to speak fiorian is definately just as intelligent as an exceed.

Also that would be fantastic. :3
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Okay, added a WHOLE bunch of stuff, now that it's no longer 1 AM and I'm not dead and irritable ^.^
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:29 pm

you have no idea how much better this looks. :D

Anyway I'm a little on the fence with the training stuff because it can be spammed (I'm an average rper and I can hit most of those word counts in one post each without doing anything(S and SS being the exceptions and even then, two posts.)

I like training stuff. It's just to easy to abuse right now. I'd also remove companion pets entirely because even a normal dog can bite and some of the limits seem a little leniant but overall this is fine based on whats already done.

Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:33 pm

The jewel limits are based on what Serenity told me the gain was per post, which the highest will be 35. So I tried to make it reasonable based on that number. As for companions, they're there so people know that they're possible rather than just forcing people to buy a combat pet. Sure, any dog can bite, but there's a huge difference between a dog that bites to protect their owner, and a dog that knows some kind of weird gatsuuga thing or something else and attacks you like a torpedo.

I'm gonna check out the WCs and raise them a bit
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:17 am

Guys, bump. I matched it to the systems we had, so it should be close to done.
    Zed The Workaholic
    Zed The Workaholic

Pets Rules and Information  OPwF1AW

Post by Zed The Workaholic Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I think the spells allowed should follow the same rules applied in the magic template

D-Rank users: Three Free D Rank Spells

C-Rank Users: Three Free D Rank Spells, 1 C Rank Spell

B-Rank Users: Three Free D Ranks, 2 C Rank Spell, 1 B Rank Spell

A-Rank Users, Three Free D Ranks, 3 C ranks, 2 B Rank, 1 A Rank spell

S-Rank Users, Three Free D Ranks, 4 C ranks, 3 B Ranks, 2, A Rank, 1 S rank spell

SS-Rank Users, Three Free D Ranks, 5 C Ranks, 4 B Ranks, 3 A Rank, 2 S Rank, 1 SS Rank
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:10 pm

The spell ranks are different per pet type though. Which post type are you taking about? @Zed

Either way, the spells done now were made in mind of the fact that pets are weaker than mages. Making the same spell numbers as mages would not make sense.
    Krow
    Krow

Post by Krow Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:25 pm

The stuff for pets looks good to me. I have no complaints about it.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Pets Rules and Information  D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:30 pm

This is ready for public view unless someone has a problem with it
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Okay, nearly 8 days has passed and nobody has had a complaint, so I think this can be moved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 am