Fairy Tail Online RP

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima

Diane
    Diane

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima ODFYPdI

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima Empty Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima

Post by Diane Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:12 am

So, on the thread, I just wanted to see if I could ask one question about a part of the system, which I honestly think is very innovative and I love overall ^~^ It lets me do exactly what I have planned with my character, so I honestly thank you for making it.

The section I had a question about was this:

Transfers lower your magic power by one full rank: Because you transferred your elemental power you are now weak in that department and are now one rank lower than you were before, meaning it would be wise to only transfer elements if you are retiring ect if not, perhaps you are good with weaponry.

I just wanted to get some explanation I guess on why this is necessary. I had a few thoughts on why it could be removed, but I may not be looking at the bigger picture of balance, so please let me know what you think.

First reason to remove it is that Slayers cannot get a secondary type of magic anyways; they are only allowed to get up to three different types of their Slayer magic. This limits them until someone decides to retire, likely, which is a bit much.

Second reason to remove it is that it basically encourages Slayers to get lacrima instead of having character interaction and development. Lacrima don't make anyone reduce their magic power by one full rank, and they can still, I believe, get the type they want. So people will just choose lacrima all the time, but I think people should have the choice to choose one or the other. This rule, however, severely limits them and even punishes them for trying to share their magic with other Slayers, who will just get a lacrima instead as it does the same thing, but avoids character interaction (which is fine if the character wants to avoid character interaction, but inhibiting for others who don't.)

Third reason to remove it is that it's not canon; Slayers do not lose a rank of their magic power when giving their magic to someone else, but furthermore it is completely just an negative and deterring rule that, in my opinion, makes no sense. Please give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it ^~^ Just want to discuss the rule, and there's no right or wrong answer, but I just wanted some explanation and reasoning behind it. Thanks~
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima ODFYPdI

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima Empty Re: Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima

Post by Amaterasu Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 am

this site is non canon as such the site stays, it is to balance the system regardless the element you get from transference and lacrima is 1 rank lower than your main, so it has the same effect. As for the reason why lacrima is more beneficial is because of the following reasons:

1. It is rare and hard to obtain and most likely will be an event item, because of this lacrima users get the full benefits of the element so long as they get it to be active.
    2. Lacrima in general are stronger thus why no negative side behind it however, it is still 1 rank lower than your main element.

Transference weakens the one who transfered by 1 rank in the elemental damage for the reason that you are given a bit of your power to someone else thus why you get 1 rank lower and why the receiver has 1 rank lower as well.  It is to make it equally balanced.  Using the term of "It is not canon" Is not valid as this site is non-canon to start off with.
    Diane
    Diane

Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima Empty Re: Question about Multiple Slayer Elements Through Transference and Lacrima

Post by Diane Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Perhaps we could add some restrictions to transference in order to keep it fair? My thoughts are that maybe, after transferring, it would be impossible to transfer again for x amount of time (30 days, 180 days, whatever seems appropriate) to keep Slayers from simply getting all three magics quickly, and also having the rank be lowered. However, the rank could either be raised again after x amount of posts have been made on the account, or after a training session of x word count, but still requiring a certain amount of time to pass (30 days seems fair) before they can have their prior rank reinstated.

By adding rules and restrictions, even if they're not these specifically, it could allow for the transference rank lowering to still be applicable, but not bring in the negative side of only usually having it be when a dragon slayer retires. What do you think?

Also, if you want to further restrict it, you could require a Dragon Slayer's magic to have reached so-and-so Rank before they can acquire another (S or SS Rank seems like a good idea). The ways to restrict and still make it fair are endless, and I'll hope you'll consider it; I just feel like the thought of permanently losing a rank is not really helping anyone and makes transference practically useless, so is there really a point to it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 pm