Fairy Tail Online RP

Bertha Bordeaux Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Bertha Bordeaux Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Bertha Bordeaux

Digdug
    Digdug

Bertha Bordeaux TatR81B

Bertha Bordeaux Empty Bertha Bordeaux

Post by Digdug Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Bertha Bordeaux
    Big Bertha
    August 2nd
    Human
    D-Rank
    Chaotic Good
    Female

Species Ability/Perk

• Bastard's Seal: Long ago, Bertha had a very noticeable weight problem that she dealt with for most of her life (hence the nickname "Big Bertha"). When she met John the Bastard, he agreed to take her in as his apprentice in return for placing a magical seal on her. John designed the seal to constantly keep Bertha at a specific weight of 122 pounds. This allows Bertha to consume as much food and as many liquids as she wants without gaining even an ounce. Vice versa, Bertha can go as long as she wants without consuming food and she will not lose weight either. The seal can be found on the middle of her back.

Special Unique Characteristics
    Aside from her guild tattoo and the Bastard's Seal, there is not much out of the ordinary on Bertha form the outside. On the inside, however, she is missing a rib from a long ago injury.

Character Depth
    Personality: Bertha has an iron will. Her motives and desires are unshakable and are pursued by her with the utmost intent. Side attractions and petty debauchery is not enough to distract her from the source of her being. That is, a hidden rage. Her memories of pain and suffering are not faint and feel ceaseless to her. She is reminded by her own cauldron of emotions what she seeks and why she exists. It is what makes her restless and prevents her from being led astray in her life's journey. Though her hatred is subtle and kept away in secret, they are always there in the back of her head. For the vast majority of time, she is content to let that hidden anger hide behind a smiling mask. And while her own willpower is a mere slave to her emotions and ideas, it is at least a slave to no person.

Her character and goals might be steadfast, but her methods and approaches are not. Bertha is truly an innovator who can approach problems in very new and sometimes unorthodox ways. Those who continually stick to unnecessary traditions and old techniques to handle new adversity are a type to be scoffed at her, whose knack for seeing different viewpoints is impeccable with her understanding that she must always be on the lookout for new solutions. One might even say that her run-in with various obstacles in life has bred a hunger for knowledge which might lend itself in a useful solution. It is the sort of trait that her enemies most fear about her and the kind that her allies most admire her for. In a way, it is also a component as to why her prospects for achieving anything significant are so strong compared to the masses who live idly in an unsolvable rut.

There is a fault which Bertha suffers, her sin of vanity. It is her greatest personal obstacle and poses a great threat to her desires. Whereas most of her actions are oriented toward an object or goal, some actions are taken to do nothing more than satisfy a hostility toward physical imperfection. Her own brand of vanity is more focused on herself rather than others, thankfully. It is something that instinctively drives her to carefully groom her hair, to walk with a forced and practiced grace, and to take care that her body is free from blemish. If her will is like an iron wall, this vanity can be considered the prominent crack (an ironic imperfection in itself) where she is most weak. That isn't to say she allows this trait to play her like a mindless puppet. No, she is fully aware that a purely physical approach to an assessment to herself is illogical, but she is helpless to resist.

Bertha is a person for which the end can justify the means. It is why she can confidently declare herself a harbinger of peace and yet smite those who prove a thorn in her side. It is also why those far from her will call her out to be a criminal, but she will just shake her head and discount them for being fools that don't understand her major motive while pridefully wooing over her own social martyrdom. She is certain that any harm she causes will be forgiven in the future as she stands on the right side of history. Presently, however, most would regard her as a mere cutthroat who happens to know a little magic. Whether her aspirations of being viewed as a hero among the masses will come to fruition remains to be unseen. What is certain is her smugness at the thought of doing a little evil to bring about good, everlasting change.

Bertha is a mage in the truest sense of the word. She prefers the use of her wit and magic over brute strength and manages to preserve her cool demeanor. It was, after all, a golden rule of her mentor for a mage to always keep calm under duress or it would surely mean defeat. In keeping up with that practice, Bertha does not act visibly much different in a fight than how she would in a social situation. She can smile and grin, make mundane and small banter, and whatnot in a battle. In the end, however, it's just an act. Her nonchalant attitude is a farce meant to throw her adversaries into a feeling of false safety while her mind gathers information and data from the unfolding battle. Her deception goes even further beyond the illusion of aloofness and into a realm of downright trickery, such as playing injured or helpless.

Causally resorting to deception (whether in combat or not) is not out of humor or pride for Bertha. It is instead a matter of caution for her. With her goals so grand and her chances so low, she is rightfully careful in all circumstances. To top it off, throwing her lot in with Tartaros is the equivalent of painting a red target on her back, a magnet that attracts the law of the land. These factors have all nurtured her persona to be one that only acts when the deck is stacked in her favor. True to this, in taking on opponents foreign to her, her opening gambit is sure to be a simple gauge of her adversary's abilities before truly seizing any golden opportunities in a fight. This caution, tied in with her analytical skills and wit, is the epicenter of Bertha's character and perhaps the only reason she's made it as far as she has.

• Meat: Before receiving "Bastard's Seal," Bertha was horribly overweight primarily due to her overeating. Her favorite type of food and the one most guilty toward her weight gain is meat. Having grown up in a tavern where the special meat was most popular, it was only natural that she'd develop a strong liking to the taste. With the magical seal, Bertha can now eat to her heart's content without the fear of losing her shape, and it's a perk that she certainly utilizes. One might say she has become a slave to her own taste buds, eating meat solely for the taste and enjoyment rather than for her body's nourishment.
    • Companionship: Bertha is considered to be a criminal of ill repute. That means her circle of friends is considerably small and tight, making companionship a very valued thing to Bertha. She considers this aspect of herself the true line between her and a regular enemy to society, for she is reluctant to throw away her allies like chess pieces. She does not feel she has the luxury to throw away such friendships so blatantly, especially when there are a meager few who share her views. When she finds someone she can truly call a comrade, she loses all sense of secrecy and respectfully makes herself an open book as a sign of friendship, regardless of rank or social standing.
    • Diversity: Bertha does not like to surround herself by completely like-minded individuals. Instead, she prefers a more colorful atmosphere consisting of various personalities. While she would agree that common goals are necessary for synergy in all hierarchy, she also has a liking for those that stand out beyond the bland masses with special character about them. Those that toil and do the same, predictable thing over and over as others do are easily forgotten by her in the long run. As well, she also enjoys observing the result of having so many different personalities and people together. One might she's a people-watcher in that sense.

Dislikes:

• Magic: Many of Bertha's woes can be traced back to magic, more specifically the widespread use of magic. Her own family home was destroyed by someone with magical powers, she was placed in a hospital by someone's reckless use of magic, and she lost a dear member of her own family member to a magical mishap.All this guided by her old mentor's own hatred of magic, Bertha has come to despise the common use of magic despite how dangerous it is.
    • Wizard Guilds: Guilds (save for her own) are the sum total of what Bertha dislikes about magic, regardless of alignment. They are, in her educated view, made up of irresponsible delinquents who've amassed to much magical knowledge and cause ceaseless destruction with their power. She has a particular vendetta against legal guilds which have been shamelessly sponsored by governments. Her world would be one lacking of wizard guilds.
    • Tradition: Bertha disregards tradition as something that unnecessarily holds people in bondage by trapping them into a state of idle content. It is something she believes can entice men and women into a nostalgia that makes them ponder on the past rather than on the present and future. She figures it there makes people unable to see out of their own rut and consequently unable to solve existing problems for themselves out of harm of upsetting the tenants of some tradition.

Fears:

• Cats: Bertha's fear of cats is not a rational one. Its source is explainable and is likely just a psychological phobia. Whatever the explanation, she is absolutely terrified of cats. Not just lions and tigers but even harmless house cats. Just being stuck in a room with one is enough to make her cringe.
    • Corruption: To obtain her goals, Bertha is certain she'll need to (ironically) obtain a mass of magical knowledge of her own. She is certain that the chance of her becoming morally corrupted and allowing her powers to go to her head is a present danger. It would be the equivalent of becoming like those she longs to destroy.
    • Loss of Beauty: As the vain woman she is, Bertha is obsessed with maintaining her beauty. She went as far as receiving a magical seal to make her thin. It follows, then, that she is very fearful over losing the effects of the seal as well as the inevitable change that comes with old age.

Motivations/Goals:

• Purging of Magic: Bertha's life goal is the total destruction of magical knowledge as well as magical objects and beings. She would see every wizard not with her put to death, supernatural creatures purged from the world, and all the books on magic set ablaze. By doing so, she believes the world would be a much safer place than it is now. In her perfect world, she would proudly lie in her deathbed as the last generation of wizards.
    • Agelessness: There is an almost perverted thought tied in with Bertha's vanity. Simply put, it is the desire to never age and preserve her beauty. Although she suspects there might be a way to achieve such an imperfect immortality through the use of magic, Bertha is well aware how it would contradict her radical idea of forever eradicating magic from the world, which is perhaps why she would rather not ponder on the possibility too long...
    • Peace:Although she walks a path of destruction, Bertha assures herself that it is in the name of peace. She hopes that her methods and goals will one day quiet the world and bring about a great peace. It's a desire she's inherited from her mentor yet not something a stranger would come to expect from her.

Appearance
    Hair: Dark
    Eyes: Light Blue
    Skin Tone: Light
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 122 lb
    Overall Appearances:
    Spoiler:

Other

Guild: Tartaros
    Guild Tattoo: Dark Blue | Left Side of Neck

Last edited by Bertha on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Raina
    Raina

Bertha Bordeaux 89wWcWF

Bertha Bordeaux Empty Re: Bertha Bordeaux

Post by Raina Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Hey Bertha! Let us take a look! D'aaw~

Spoiler:

I have to say, this app is well thought out and concise. First Approval Granted!!!! Great Job! :rawr: :rawr: :rawr:
    Zed The Workaholic
    Zed The Workaholic

Bertha Bordeaux OPwF1AW

Post by Zed The Workaholic Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello there, I see you have been approved, that is great, however it is time for the second grading which will be assessed by myself. What this second grading does is finalizes your app so you can go post and be social. There is however something I will mention as of right now, do note that none of these are to attack you, it is simply just following the site's common assessment. Please try not to argue or anything else as explained before I am simply grading this like I would grade any other app now then your final grading!

Species and Abilities Perks:
    Bastard's Seal, I'm not gonna sugar coat it, this is by far the most creative and comical perk I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. It has no complexities, no issues, it doesn't need to be watched this simply well done, honestly if this were to be like grading a test I would give you an A+ so well done in that department.

[b]Special Unique Characteristic:
    [/b]
    [b]Honestly there is no real issue with this at all if I was to complain about one thing it would be you could be more descriptive on the mark, the dimenions how it looks and what not but that is completely up to you.[/b]

[b][b]Personality:
    [/b][/b]
    [b][b]your personality is really well done if you had were to add any more to this description I honestly feel like it would just be fluff and weign your grading down, however you didn't do such so this section is A okay to me so well done on this section.[/b][/b]

[b][b][b]Likes/Dislikes/Fears/Motivs: 
    [/b][/b][/b]
    [b][b][b]Honestly by far you are the only user to go above and beyond with this field, not only did you describe why your character likes this, hates that, fears this, is motivated by this, but you gave back story to each one well done, honestly if you could see emotions from typing you would see I am quite over joyed by this application so good job![/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b]Appearance:
    [/b][/b][/b][/b]
    [b][b][b][b]I see you got too lazy to type up a description but that's okay it's an optional field any how you did go above and beyond with everything else so great job here.[/b][/b][/b][/b]

Other:
    Pretty standard field, this is fine, I'm sad you aren't in Behemoth I would have loved to have you in my guild but I can't force ya to be so good on ya :D

Overall Opinion:
    Honestly I absolutely love this app I have no real issues with it at all, if I was to make one complaint it would be the vagueness on the marking's dimensions, and the overall look of the marking, however that is optional I will unlock the thread to make the edit if you want and you can just type bump and I will give you your approval, or if you are all set just say all set and I will approve and give ya your color.  Anyways good application!
    Digdug
    Digdug

Bertha Bordeaux TatR81B

Post by Digdug Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Bump!

Thanks for going over my application by the way.
    Zed The Workaholic
    Zed The Workaholic

Bertha Bordeaux OPwF1AW

Post by Zed The Workaholic Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Alright you are approved and changing your color.

Congrats and happy Role playing Locking thread

Bertha Bordeaux CISPYWu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am