Fairy Tail Online RP

Other Languages? Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Other Languages? Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Other Languages?

Poll

Is different languages an okay idea?

[ 2 ]
    Other Languages? 6uzqLfl100%Other Languages? F3SLJvd [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Other Languages? 6uzqLfl0%Other Languages? F3SLJvd [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Other Languages? 6uzqLfl0%Other Languages? F3SLJvd [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Raiden
    Raiden

Other Languages? ODFYPdI

Other Languages? Empty Other Languages?

Post by Raiden Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Okay well I guess I'll ask the question here, and hope this suggestion would be taken into account, but I was wondering if it would be possible if the site would allow for other languages to be spoken? Now before you tell me we would need a translator for this I have a idea, now seeing how we have commands for everything from the Italic lettering being [*i][/i] And other others like Bold lettering being [*b][/b] I was thinking if we could have other languages it would be this, [lan=*Insert Language here]Insert Text Here[/lan] Now I know this wouldn't actually make your text alter to the set language but it would make topics and situations abit more interesting due to there being so many different races in Fairy Tail. And I know for sure that we all don't speak English or rather Common Tongue, so I was thinking that this could be a plausible idea, plus also it would bring more flavor to peoples topics, and allow for better interactions with others. So what you think about my idea, is it a wonderful one? Or a complete waste of time? Let me know in the comments below.
    Zed The Workaholic
    Zed The Workaholic

Other Languages? OPwF1AW

Other Languages? Empty Re: Other Languages?

Post by Zed The Workaholic Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 pm

it would be yes or no nothing more silly than that and I am also gonna have to say no as that require someone to take out google translate and it ends up getting too confusing.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Other Languages? N51AM3g

Post by Mizuko Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Is this for people who wish to do some RPing in another language? As long as both parties speak the language, I'm okay with it.

As for a character speaking a language, maybe put a translation in parentheses after the post? That way they know the correct translation, because google translate sucks, frankly.
    Raiden
    Raiden

Other Languages? ODFYPdI

Post by Raiden Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Mizuko wrote:Is this for people who wish to do some RPing in another language? As long as both parties speak the language, I'm okay with it.

As for a character speaking a language, maybe put a translation in parentheses after the post? That way they know the correct translation, because google translate sucks, frankly.

It wouldn't be in the language that the person is speaking, in topic your character hears the different language but you the player can read what the words mean, that is why I have the [lan=Insert Language Here.] For that reason, as so the language is already translated but also so that you don't have misspelled words. Plus I am also talking about languages like Orcish, Goblin, Draconic, Hill Giant, you know D&D languages but also real world ones as well. But again I still am taking opinions from people in the site.
    Velistra
    Velistra

Other Languages? ODFYPdI

Post by Velistra Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 pm

If done then we would need a languages known system of some sort to prevent a character from knowing all the languages just for the sake of knowing them all. With all these custom races we have the potential for tens of languages, if not more, and an average joe doesn't go around speaking 5-10 languages fluently. In D&D this works because it is systemized to prevent abuse and game breaking situations. So while doable and interesting its a matter of how into it people are and how much staff want to invest in systemizing it into a languages known time thing for game balancing.

P.S. the lang= part could be dropped. No need to do [lang=Draconic]texttexttext[/lang] just do [Draconic]texttexttext[/Draconic] less to type. Guess that part really doesn't matter much though as all that needs happen is someway of denoting the text is in a different language IC.
    RockLegendRyu
    RockLegendRyu

Other Languages? FcB4idF

Post by RockLegendRyu Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:01 am

It would be a good idea, if its like the mods said. The only issue again as mentioned having several different languages and dialects it might be difficult, however if we limited how many languages can actually be used....yeah whatever it would need a balance and from what ive seen so far, there wouldnt be much dedication to wanting to keep it that way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:02 pm