Fairy Tail Online RP

Concern Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Concern Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Concern

Life
    Life

Concern ODFYPdI

Concern Empty Concern

Post by Life Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:06 am

I made a character profile a while ago. I had made 10 points talking to one staff member about the issues with my profile. Instead of a proper response to the points I instead received a message from a completely different person telling me something completely irrelevant. I decided not to reply seeing as it had nothing to do with what i had posted and waited. I took a short break for awhile and when i came back yet ANOTHER completely different member posted on it saying that if i didnt reply it would be locked. And low and behold it was locked without anyone actually addressing my points.

If this is how you run a Rp website you're going to have some pretty annoyed players. Im a moderator on my own Rp website and It helps when only one person deals with an application and runs the player through each issue they have rather than 5 different people saying different things and trying to shove the player away because of the issues.

From a lore perspective there was nothing wrong with my profile. I made changes, yet no one looked them over and told me i needed anything else. Regardless with this new site update i somehow "lost my position" or something? I have no idea how you expect players to be loyal when you can't be loyal to the players.

Don't take this as harassment because if it was, it would be a lot worse. Take it as constructive criticism and I hope you've learnt something. I really am completely shocked by the way it was handled. New players should be treated with patience and understanding rather than being passed around from moderator to moderator that aren't even keeping up with the posts.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Concern D3kALDY

Concern Empty Re: Concern

Post by Bacon Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:48 am

I will be posting your application here for clarification.

http://www.fairytailonline-rp.com/t493-tyrath-life#2494

The application was graded yet no changes were seemed to be made to it. You did, however reply to it with points, but Tatsu tried to explain with in a clear and concise way. We gave him permission to do so. We are not a 'sandbox' site and we do have rules and regulations to follow. Your application wasn't something we would accept and gave you the reasons why in our grading as well as tried to point you to the right direction.

As per the archive. Everyone during that week who did not log on and post a reply got their application archived. Heck, even I've had my applications archived in the past. This isn't targeting anyone, but simply removing out the old to make room for the new.

As per the Activity Check. You had made no applications for positions in this site. Therefore you lost none. In this site we have 'Check In's' so that our members who have slayer and rank positions remain active so that a positions isn't 'wasted' in an inactive user. We do these monthly.

I hope this answered what you wrote. If not, feel free to reply and or message me about it. Thanks for understanding in advance ^-^
    Life
    Life

Concern ODFYPdI

Post by Life Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:59 am

If he had been keeping up or if any of the staff were keeping up with the actual post, they would address all my points, not just one issue. They would see some of the appropriate changes and then also address what else needed to be done. Im aware this site is not a sandbox site and anyone can tell that by the title "Fairy Tail Online" It should be very clear.

However, if you are being restrictive with rules that contradict lore or logic then it makes no sense to name it after what it's supposed to model. Having all races to choose from makes no sense if you can't actually be that race. Saying a dragon can't fly and have claws, without forfeiting the rest of its abilities, and also restricting it to the size of a whelp hardly seems sensical. You might as well be telling all human characters they can't walk or have nails without forfeiting their abilities.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Concern D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:04 am

There was no clarification that anything had been done to the app.

It also seem you are not grasping the concept of abilities. Abilities on this site are a luxury for members to have. With it comes restrictions in order to keep everyone and everything balanced and on equal grounds. You can fly and if your claws deal damage, then, sure, go for it. I'm not stopping you, but you also have to note you can only have two perks. When we say two, we really mean two. We are not killing lore, but rather limiting the countless amount of power you can use. That and perks cannot be 'OP.' Let's take your perks for example.

Perk 1: That is a definite no. That's extremely overpowered and complete God mod as you literally gain no damage regardless of magic if you were able to be hit. You can be resistance, but we have to draw a line somewhere. Not to mention you also are using some sort of magic perk in it. It's race, not magic and your race is 'dragon.' Furthermore, the perk is 3 in 1? Why? Because not only do you have the word 'also' in there and the ability to use magic, but flying has nothing to do with immunity/resistance nor the manipulation of light. They're three completely different things.

Perk 2. The only thing that needs to be changed is 'everything'/'any' to 'one' thing. Why? Because it can be exploited and inappropriately used seeing as you could be anything. Furthermore, we would need the duration which would be one change per post.

As you can see, you can definitely have perks that correlate with your race. I have great examples I can show you if you'd like. But we need to draw a line somewhere and limit. After all, where would we be without balance? Hope this answered what it was you were looking for

EDIT: Norou reminded me of something I skipped. Slayer Magic! It's a big no-no. Especially as a perk. Why? Because you have to sign up for it. Only slayers get to absorb and eat their element. Why you ask? Because it's not only a lost magic, but they applied for it making it only fair for them to have a boost that differs from everyone else. That said, the first perk is about 4 to 5 in one. 2-3 being magic perks.
    Life
    Life

Concern ODFYPdI

Post by Life Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:29 am

Practically everything but the perks were updated. But thank you for finally giving me a reasonable explanation. However abilities are a general term and were not portrayed as a luxury as simply breathing by definition can be counted as an ability i.e "The ability to breathe"

Also, clarifying that dragon slayer magic is something restricted to users helps. However, dragon slayer magic came from the dragons themselves, all dragons have "Dragon slayer magic" It's just not titled that. It was only a 'lost' magic because of the war made on dragons after the dragons gave humans their power making them "dragon slayers".
    Bacon
    Bacon

Concern D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Keep in mind that we have standard and rules within Fairy Tail Online. We have limitations. As per the abilities section, I can almost guarantee that what is stated in the app for it reflects on exactly we are looking for. So far, no one has ever made the mistake of not knowing nor understanding what it truly entails and actually written 'breathing' or 'eating' in there.

As per slayer magic, I honestly do not care if dragons know slayer magic or created or if the magic is truly lost. I am well aware of how it goes in the anime, but we are a site with, again, rules and regulations as well as our own standards for how things go. There's a reason why we have applications for lost slayer magic. If you want to be a slayer, go for it. Just apply and get approved for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 pm