Fairy Tail Online RP

General systems statement. Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

General systems statement. Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

General systems statement.

Sun Wukong
    Sun Wukong

General systems statement. ODFYPdI

General systems statement. Empty General systems statement.

Post by Sun Wukong Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 pm

I just wanted to generalize something about myself personally seeing as I am the only person thus far that's here (aside from rping) to only work on the systems. I know that all admins adopt this as well so I don't feel like I take 100% precedence here so I just wanted to put something out there.

I have looked through the old development threads and have noticed that the aforementioned systems seem to me personally to be completely over complicated, I've been doing systems for a long time now and ran some of my own sites or worked closely with founders to complete their sites. I've spent countless hours crunching numbers while trying to devise perfect, actual RPG-like stat systems and I have personally come to one realization that the more simple it is the better.

The more simple it is, the easier it is for all users to understand and so I personally would like to stray away from using exact number mana pools and stat points because that can become over complicated very fast and put a large hold on site progress because it is a vital part of the site which must be completed in order for us to open.

Basically what im saying here is that, we are an rp site and thus, creativity is a must. We as staff members are here to assuage situations and to solve problems that may arise. No system is perfect and there will always be someone who finds something they dislike about any system we implement or someone who is trying to "cheat" they system via loopholes and so we must all watch out for those things. As for my duties here, I will be pushing for simplified systems which will work despite their somewhat vague nature~

Tell me how you feel about this whether you agree or disagree it is fine~ I like to always been open to harmless discussion on things in order to work towards a common goal~
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

General systems statement. FcB4idF

General systems statement. Empty Re: General systems statement.

Post by Ean Sableheart Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:24 pm

number can be cool as long as their taken with a grain of salt and not taken far to seriously.

note: I'm only here for systems to kitty is on that cat nip right now. Don't know why she keeps trying to make me do staff work when I repeatedly tell her I'm not. :p
    Sun Wukong
    Sun Wukong

Post by Sun Wukong Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 pm

oh of course, I just find them to be far too tedious to be practical most of the time, IMO. Also, you and I know one another from FTRP. I am Drake, Soroki Namikaze, Taji Gates and many other names~
    13ea
    13ea

Post by 13ea Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:43 am

yeah....I agree simplify it....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 am