Fairy Tail Online RP

Character Death Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Character Death Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Character Death

Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Character Death Empty Character Death

Post by Krow Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:07 pm

I think I saw something regarding the death of character's. In all honesty, unless the death is a plot-based and agreed upon by the person who plans on dying and the one killing them, the death of character's should not be allowed. I say this because it would invite PK's (Player Killers), people who would make a troll character for the sole purpose of killing other player's character's. Which is no good. Most people put a lot of effort into their character's. Anyways, my point is, we should construct a Character Death/Player Killer Clause of sorts.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Character Death ODFYPdI

Character Death Empty Re: Character Death

Post by Spinal Tap Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Simple...

Sacred Altar...
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 am

Seems like a cheap compensation, but it'll work, I guess.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by Spinal Tap Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 am

Not how FTRP did it,

I'm beta testing one on another site as we speak... or reply... or whatver.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:32 pm

There is sacred altar... but death would have to be with consent of another person... we could debate this though.

Example:
    Let's say a d rank is caught in an s rank explosion, do they die or miraculously survive? What happens in this situation?
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by Spinal Tap Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Is it PVP?

IS it death enabled?

Is it mission?

If I behead you, you're dead. Use the altar.

BTW : http://landofchakra.forumotion.com/c4-character-database

That's the newer prototype. Tested it on other Naruto sites and one FT site... seems to work the best... both IC and OOC.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Character Death FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 pm

best answer I've ever seen to this problem is a request system where people have to ask staff if they can kill someone and must provide sound reasoning as to why. It would rarely be used and you could make things irrationally difficult so PKs aren't an issue but there's a lot of combat in our realm so at some point we're going to have to allow something, if not much.

It's a consequence point and how big consequences for doing something should be and how mature do you hope your overall memberbase(especially core members) will be.
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Ean Vanguard wrote:best answer I've ever seen to this problem is a request system where people have to ask staff if they can kill someone and must provide sound reasoning as to why. It would rarely be used and you could make things irrationally difficult so PKs aren't an issue but there's a lot of combat in our realm so at some point we're going to have to allow something, if not much.

It's a consequence point and how big consequences for doing something should be and how mature do you hope your overall memberbase(especially core members) will be.

That system seems like it would be a huge pain in the ass.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by Spinal Tap Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:59 pm

So as someone who has been all over Naruto sites and deal with PC Hunters on the daily... I

Still gonna stand by my system.

Character Death Umv4k

Now you must be wondering, "What is a Sacred Altar?" "How does it work?" "Was this in the series?" Well, let m answer this all for you.

The Sacred altar is the only place where your character can come back to life after death. After a character is killed, regardless where their body is, or the condition of it, they may re-enter the realm of the living. In some cases, even if your character has been trapped into a state of non-existence through a combination of jutsu, this is the only place where you may re-enter your world. Now, before we get into how the Altar works, let's set the rules.

[RULES]
    You may only roll the Sacred Altar Dice up to 10 times a day.
    Each of your posts must be at least 50 words minimum.
    To make your own altar, make a thread titled "Guest's Altar"
    Do not roll in anyone else's altar
    Upon revival you will lose all transplanted DNA
    Upon revival, you may lose Dojutsu. (This is to be decided upon only admins.)
    If this is your second time using the altar, only an administrator approve your additional revivals.

Now that we got that covered, let's go into the dice. You will find two faces of this dice:
    Character Death S110Character Death S210

Should you fail, you must write another post of your soul, before rolling again. When you succeed, notify a moderator and you will be placed back into the world.

Enjoy!

(Note: This was not in the series of Naruto.)
    13ea
    13ea

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:24 pm

hmmmn...sacred altars? Death. Player killing should be allowed, however both players must agree that they both run the risk of their characters dying. I honestly the sacred alter isn't exactly m taste. I know this sites non canon but....I mean seriously Being able to revive again and again seems a bit odd to me.

"Oh hey Joe! Heard you died again!"

"Oh yeah! It's the third time this week lololol"

I mean, it's just my idea. If you character dies, they dies. But I mean if a D rank player s caught in a S rank blast, have the player be knocked out, put them in a coma. Have them do a recovery thread. The sacred alter has it's perks but if someone where to pull a Neo and Kaseki, one can easily find a loop hole and abuse the sacred alter >_>.....

But if you decided to keep the alter, why not deduct a certain amount of exp or jewels so they can use the alter. That way people will think twice before dying lol XD
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

This thread was more so along the line of finding a way to stop people from making troll character's that exist for the sole purpose of killing other player's. Regardless, I agree, I don't particularly like the Sacred Alter concept. I find it kind of makes plot-based and whatnot character death's mean nothing. As for the mutual consent between player's, this is a golden idea.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

13ae wrote:I mean, it's just my idea. If you character dies, they dies. But I mean if a D rank player s caught in a S rank blast, have the player be knocked out, put them in a coma. Have them do a recovery thread.  The sacred alter has it's perks but if someone where to pull a Neo and Kaseki, one can easily find a loop hole and abuse the sacred alter >_>.....

But if you decided to keep the alter, why not deduct a certain amount of exp or jewels so they can use the  alter. That way people will think twice before dying lol XD

Sora wrote:This thread was more so along the line of finding a way to stop people from making troll character's that exist for the sole purpose of killing other player's. Regardless, I agree, I don't particularly like the Sacred Alter concept. I find it kind of makes plot-based and whatnot character death's mean nothing. As for the mutual consent between player's, this is a golden idea.

Well, I've always leaned towards the two players agreeing when it comes to killing of their character. I find 13ae's recovery thread interesting. I've been on many sites, but haven't found a system like this. Even if it did exist out there, i still find it unique. We could definitely move away from the altar concept and bring this new system to life. Wont be abused as well players have to work in order to recover from a high level attack thus providing character development. Cause, let's be honest here, if another wonderland team came along, they would always find a way to break the system regardless of needing to use EXP and or Jewels. So yeah
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Serenity wrote:
    13ae wrote:I mean, it's just my idea. If you character dies, they dies. But I mean if a D rank player s caught in a S rank blast, have the player be knocked out, put them in a coma. Have them do a recovery thread.  The sacred alter has it's perks but if someone where to pull a Neo and Kaseki, one can easily find a loop hole and abuse the sacred alter >_>.....

But if you decided to keep the alter, why not deduct a certain amount of exp or jewels so they can use the  alter. That way people will think twice before dying lol XD

Sora wrote:This thread was more so along the line of finding a way to stop people from making troll character's that exist for the sole purpose of killing other player's. Regardless, I agree, I don't particularly like the Sacred Alter concept. I find it kind of makes plot-based and whatnot character death's mean nothing. As for the mutual consent between player's, this is a golden idea.

Well, I've always leaned towards the two players agreeing when it comes to killing of their character. I find 13ae's recovery thread interesting. I've been on many sites, but haven't found a system like this. Even if it did exist out there, i still find it unique. We could definitely move away from the altar concept and bring this new system to life. Wont be abused as well players have to work in order to recover from a high level attack thus providing character development. Cause, let's be honest here, if another wonderland team came along, they would always find a way to break the system regardless of needing to use EXP and or Jewels. So yeah

Cause in the end, if a character were to die then it would be because the user agreed to it. Just adding that in there
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Serenity wrote:

I still have no bloody idea what ya'll mean by Wonderland Team.
    I'm going to guess it means people like Zenneth, Kiba, etc. who on FTRP made a point out of destroying all of their system's via loopholes. Thus requiring them rework absolutely everything in a piss poor attempt to try and compensate for their own idiocy?
    13ea
    13ea

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 pm

I vote for a recovery thread. Until a player finishes the recovery thread they are not allowed to participate in battles, or missions, or training threads, or events. This should be used if the player is gravely injured, like they where at death door looking at kaseki as he beckons the with a plate of freshly baked cookies..... >_>
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Sora wrote:
    Serenity wrote:

I still have no bloody idea what ya'll mean by Wonderland Team.
    I'm going to guess it means people like Zenneth, Kiba, etc. who on FTRP made a point out of destroying all of their system's via loopholes. Thus requiring them rework absolutely everything in a piss poor attempt to try and compensate for their own idiocy?

well.... thats one way of looking at it i guess 0.o

13ae wrote:I vote for a recovery thread. Until a player finishes the recovery thread they are not allowed to participate in battles, or missions, or training threads, or events. This should be used if the player is gravely injured, like they where at death door looking at kaseki as he beckons the with a plate of freshly baked cookies..... >_>

*stares hungrily at the treat* cookies... o.o

and i agree to the recovery thread as well. Although they would be allowed to continue threads in which were, in the character's timeline, the "past."
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:47 pm

13ae wrote:I vote for a recovery thread. Until a player finishes the recovery thread they are not allowed to participate in battles, or missions, or training threads, or events. This should be used if the player is gravely injured, like they where at death door looking at kaseki as he beckons the with a plate of freshly baked cookies..... >_>

By at deaths door, you mean kind of like how I had one of my character's end up getting shot five times, stabbed four times, and his brain rattled in a job thread and then did maybe 3-4 threads in which was just a lazy bastard and did nothing but slept and ate other people's food all day?
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Ean and Sora brought up a good point though.. If, for some reason, a character lost a limb or something along lines, what would happen then? I guess we could implement the soul altar as well for situation like those and place a limit.
    Krow
    Krow

Character Death N51AM3g

Post by Krow Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Serenity wrote:Ean and Sora brought up a good point though.. If, for some reason, a character lost a limb or something along lines, what would happen then? I guess we could implement the soul altar as well for situation like those and place a limit.

If you lose an arm.... well lol life just got harder. The replacement of a lost limb should not be allowed. Unless you do what Gildarts did and have replacement limbs built out of wood and stuff.
    13ea
    13ea

Character Death ODFYPdI

Post by 13ea Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Simple, have three staff members look at the thread. Have them decide how long the recovery thread should be judging by the damage. Idk something like that...lol maybe one of us will come up with something.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Death D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 pm

What we could do is have the altar and the recovery thread. Here's how:

Recovery Thread

If you were stunned or were knocked out, then a recovery thread. If they lost an arm, leg, or something along those lines, then a recovery thread. Why? Because although life becomes harder (as Sora said before,) the character won't die. Sure they can get a robotic arm or something but they'd have to RP it out.

Altar

People can die. I know we all pretty much disagreed with the idea (except for Spinal Tap,) it could be incorporated. Even if a character cannot die unless the owner of the character agrees to it, the owner may change their mind and want to revive it. So basically those injuries where there's a likely chance of death, people could use the altar. We would definitely have to limit the use so it cannot be abused but it could still work for a character development thing. Especially if a set word requirement is put into effect in order to roll a dice.

Ways to regulate:

1. Add a word requirement per post. 50 is too low. 100-150 would be the least we could do.
    2. Maybe pay per dice?
    3. Can only be used at most 2 per account?
    4. Admin would need to approve the revival.
    5. Link to where the character died
    6. Player cannot be in any threads. Sure they can reply to those threads that happened in the past but none set in the future.

Other

1. An admin would need to see and read the thread of where the character got injured and decide where the player should do a recovery thread or altar thread.
    2. Admin approves recovery or altar thread
    3. Admin makes sure a player is allowed to use the altar (not reaching the 2x use)
    4. ???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm