Fairy Tail Online RP

The New Altar System Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

The New Altar System Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

The New Altar System

Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

The New Altar System ODFYPdI

The New Altar System Empty The New Altar System

Post by Amaterasu Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:57 am

Alright, so some of you have been looking at "The Altar" and might be looking at the rules of them and probably looking at it confused and saying "WHAT THE FUCK" well I am with you on that, so I will be making new rules for 
    "The Altar" because fuck Kaseki and everything he stands for.  He made it to benefit him so he could never die so I am here to tell you, you can still die.

Rules of The Altar

First and foremost, the altar is a one sure fire way to avoid death, however the altar can only be used a total of three times. If you are a character who has a perk of reanimation you can not use the altar, if you die, you die if your reanimation perk no longer works.  The Altar is the gateway of purgatory itself, the cross between hell and heaven. You have a one chance roll which means you survive and make it back, or you fail and your character dies completely.  The dice are split into two, Devil's Hand and God's Gift.  The rules for the altar are as followed.

• Three chances, The altar can only be used three times per account.  Note if you failed the first time you do not get to re-roll, same with the second time.
    • The Altar refuses those who have reanimation perks {resurrection}
    • If you choose to use the altar and you die all the belongings your character owns equipment and all is placed in the black market for anyone to buy with the cost of all the items now double their original price as Devil's Hand comes from hell to claim your body.
    • Pay the toll, you must pay 1,500 Jewels in order to roll the dice, you only get one roll.
    • If you get resurrected  back with God's Gift, you revive at 20% Health.
    • If you die in battle and use the Altar to come back, you will not return to the battle topic, you lost,
    • By the third time you get one more roll but this time it is Devil's Curse and Heaven's Last Light.  
    • Devil's Curse destroys your character and prevents your next character from getting a free high rank.
    • Heaven's Light brings back your character like God's hand but this time with 50% health.
    • Each Roll requires a Word Count, 1st Roll requires 1,000 WC, 2nd Roll requires 1,500WC, Third time requires 2,000 WC. This word count has to be about your travels of entering purgatory, paying the toll to leave, and your journey to attempting to leave. 

Images of The Dice are as Followed:

First and Second Death Roll:

Devil's Hand:

God's Hand:

Third and Final Death Roll:

Devil's Curse:

Heaven's Light:

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

The New Altar System FcB4idF

The New Altar System Empty Re: The New Altar System

Post by Ean Sableheart Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm trying to comprehend the purpose of this at all. This seems like a pvp thing to let people try and come back to life in the event they die and continue fighting with low health but this serves no purpose since pvp is rarely about story and those who make it about story will never actually use this as theirs no need, they'll work out the story and write it up together.

If the revival happens after the instanced fight then it doesn't matter how much health they have because health doesn't translate from thread to thread, for the reason that threads aren't always made in chronological order.

The altar can serve a purpose but making it "I don't want my character to die let me roll the die" seems not only pointless in the grand scheme of things but is also quite inappropriate.

In addition, people HATE leaving their characters to chance, even if that chance brings 'hope' of them not dying.

I'm all for preventing deaths but that shouldn't be done by negating deaths. Otherwise things just get weird from a story perspective where nobody dies. Let's not take that page out of the fairy tail book of how to write.

Back when d none of you were here I did suggest re-purposing the altar to provide a more approval like purpose. Where people could get their plots reviewed for S-rank+ status or to request experience for their own personal events rather then go through just getting experience for missions.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:19 am

It's not PVP base, and the % work just fine as it prevents you from battling anyone anytime soon. also it's meant to be a chance based system, coming back to life should not be an easy thing. So unfortunately for you Monica wanted this system fixed and she likes how I have it now and agrees with it.
    Grimrok
    Grimrok

Post by Grimrok Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:59 am

I'll just go out on a limb and say that Ean probably made the original "The Alter" as a guess. Hence why he's posting here and nobody else did because nobody else had a problem with it. You know what I think? I think the Alter shouldn't exist. As an idea as a whole, I think it's stupid. You shouldn't get a second chance period. If you die, you die. If you really don't want your character to die at any point make a resurrection passive. I have one and I'm STILL going to kill off my character eventually. The Alter should be removed. I don't like systems that prevent characters from dying, even if by chance, and I will fight this more than once.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:52 am

I agree with you I don't want it at all buuuut, Monica wants it
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

The New Altar System FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:46 am

I did not make the altar. That was actually sonya and kaseki who made the altar.

I did not want the altar in the first place.
    Grimrok
    Grimrok

Post by Grimrok Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:03 am

test
    Kitten
    Kitten

The New Altar System TatR81B

Post by Kitten Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 am

moving to archives due to new system implementation